BREAKTHROUGH

2 comments


I'm lying on the treatment bed and my physio is still not happy with my ranges of motion, more specifically my hip flexion and straight leg raise. She then instructs me to do two of the exercises I had worked hard on while training prior to my current injury. I get back on the bed and suddenly I have the ranges of motion to row. Wow, breakthrough.


This was three weeks ago. The reason I haven't blogged about it yet probably has something to do with my last blog post. Since then I have progressed from two minutes on the erg to fifteen and I have just been given the go ahead to go for a row. Yes, a row. In a boat. On water. Smiley face.

"How?", you may ask. Well, a lot of it has to do with the large amount of rehab I have already done for my lower back in the past. To already have quality movement sequencing of my hip and trunk for rowing prior to the surgery has been vital. However, to tap into those movement patterns in my brain to facilitate such a large change in muscle recruitment is physiotherapy rehabilitation gold. Pain and its affect on movement at a higher neurological level is a bit of a passion of mine and could be a career path for me post rowing. 

The only things that will stop me rowing next week are the weather or this pesky middle ear infection that I currently have the joy of experiencing. It’s the first one I've ever had and it makes balancing fun. As I said on the 'about' page, when it rains it pours.

Anyway, if I get to row I'll let you know how I go.

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig